A technical heart focusing on the patient.
- Martini Pavilion, Groningen... A place where one can relax and escape from the hospital environment . ...More
- Next Generation Hospital Bratislava Slovakia... For a long time the capital of Slovakia has been looking forward to getting a new hospital facility. To have a broa...More
- Haga Hospital, The Hague... In 2008, the Haga Hospital started a programme of innovation to improve working procedures. This programme consists...More
- Vivaldi Nursing Home... The main challenge for the design of the new nursing home was to make it suitable for the uncertainty of future nee...More
- University Medical Center Groningen... As a follow up to previously completed assignments for the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), Wassenaar En...More
- Next Generation Hospital, Sielnica, Slovakia... A big leap into the future! Disciplines: work innovation, architecture, landscape design, mechanical and electrical...More
A new hospital on a new site. Planetree and the Living Building Concept were the key themes in the design of this new 25,000-m2 hospital. The Planetree method helps in the creation of a pleasant environment for both patients and staff, while the Living Building Concept ensures that the building can shrink or expand in response to demands.
The design for the new Martini Hospital takes the theme of flexibility a step further. That led to an IFD status (Industrial, Flexible and Demountable Building System) awarded by the Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and Environment and the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
A big leap into the future! Disciplines: work innovation, architecture, landscape design, mechanical and electrical engineering, structural engineering Description Looking to Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine and healing, one can say that although the knowledge of healthcare was very advanced in ancient times, it cannot be compared to our current possibilities and certainly not to those that lie ahead.
In 2008, the Haga Hospital started a programme of innovation to improve working procedures. This programme consists of online services for patients, digitization of information flows, and a more patient-centred approach. The Haga Hospital, a large hospital that occupies a number of sites in The Hague, also decided to group all care services in one facility.
The new Gelre Hospital opened its doors on 2 October 2010. This is the first Dutch hospital financed entirely by the hospital itself, instead of by the state, which was common until recently in the Netherlands. The hospital is smaller than the old building, and that meant that many logistical and efficiency issues had to be addressed.
The Medical Centre in Alkmaar is currently working to set up a new Top Clinical Intervention Centre in Heerhugowaard. For the design logistics, SQwin health consultants carried out a computer simulation and animation study to analyze the efficiency of the building in relation to all patient, goods, staff and visitor flows.
DHD has been regular M&E advisors to this top clinical hospital since 1998. Besides many maintenance projects, we have completed large extensions and renovation schemes. Design Of particular note about the projects for this client is the phased completion over a long period of time. To guarantee consistency in the deployment of installations, DHD drew up a master plan for the technical installations, which helped to solve short-term problems such as a shortage of cooling capacity and electricity supply.
Good outdoor space is vital for the provision of high-standard healthcare. For the grounds of the Zonnehuis healthcare facility in Amstelveen, Hosper landscape architecture and urban design created a car-free, green and vibrant outdoor space.
As a follow up to previously completed assignments for the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), Wassenaar Engineering was appointed to design the structure of a complex of amenities. The complex contains a range of hospital amenities, including a pharmacy, medical faculty with lecture hall, laboratories, X-ray rooms for radiotherapy, staff rooms and company restaurant, as well as spaces for outside parties such as the Sanquin Blood Bank Northeast, the Groningen Dialysis Centre and an Academic Doctors Surgery.